英譯中日誌欣賞
Khalid:What are you up to?
你在幹什麼?
Helen:Oh, just looking at what's on offer at the sports centre.
只是看看在體育中心能提供什麼有用的`東西。
Khalid:How come?
怎麼了?
Helen:Well I promised myself that I was going to get fit. I want to do a sport. I just don't know which one.
我決定要增肥,我想要去做運動。我只是不確定要做哪項運動?
Khalid:Well, have you thought about if you like team sports or individual ones?
你想做團隊運動還是個人運動?
Helen:I don't mind really.
實際上都不介意。
Khalid:Do you like swimming or diving?
你喜歡游泳和潛水嗎?
Helen:Neither, I can't swim!
都不,我不會游泳。
Khalid:What about martial arts, boxing or weightlifting?
武術,拳擊,舉重怎麼樣?
Helen:Can you see me doing any of them?
你能想象我做這些嗎?
Khalid:No, not really. Well what sports do you like watching then?
不,想不出來。那麼你喜歡看什麼比賽?
Helen:I really enjoyed the tennis when I went to Wimbledon last summer.
當我上個暑假去溫布爾登的時候,我喜歡看網球。
Khalid:So maybe a racquet sport then?
那麼就球拍類運動吧?
Helen:Perfect! But which one?
好極了,不過哪個呢?
what's on offer:
英文解釋:what's available
中文解釋:能提供什麼有用的 ? individual:
英文解釋:something you do alone or by yourself
中文解釋:個人的 ? martial arts:
英文解釋:traditional Japanese or Chinese sports that are forms of fighting or defending yourself
中文解釋:武術 ?a racquet sport:
英文解釋:a sport where you use a racquet or bat (sports like tennis, squash or badminton for example)
中文解釋:球拍類運動